Sunday 9 March 2008

Sunday loveliness!

I love Sundays, I think they are my favourite day. We usually get a bit of a lie in, well till 645am which for us is great but when I look back on life before kids it's just laughable really. Family breakfast is fun as it is normally just me and the children and they so enjoy all being round the table together with daddy. No boiled eggs today though, just couldn't be bothered especially as hubby had a bit of a headache after our party last night luckily I had to drive the babysitter home so I felt fine! Children always look cute in their Sunday best too and I put the girlies hair in bunches today which was adorable and made hubby well up when he saw them, but we couldn't get any decent pix to put up so we could show you just how sweet and girly they looked. Bubbs thinks they look 'beautiful and gorgeous' with their hair up, his words not mine.

After church had a girlfriend and her 2 children round for lunch which is always nice as it means our children have some entertainment and we get to slob about a bit....lovely, hubby even got a bit of a nap! Once they were gone we all settled down to watch Cars movie which is Bubbs favourite, I can't count the number of times we have watched it and hubby and Bubbs seemed to know so many of the lines it was hilarious. One of the nicest things about having other children round though is listening to their conversations which are so sweet and sincere even if they are about complete rubbish with playdoh!

Hope everyone out there in bloggy land had an equally good one, here's to another week on the treadmill of day to day life. I have just been reading about the storm that is just about to hit the UK, it will be an interesting walk to nursery tomorrow, I remember after the storms in '87 not being able to get to school. It wasn't that bad in our road and I seem to remember sleeping through it, although moomin may be able to tell you differently who knows, and it wasn't till we had walked to the top of the road that we realised just how much damage there really was. The weather reports seem to be comparing it to that so we'll see. Speak soon.xx

4 comments:

Living the Dream said...

Oh bless, bunches for the girls. I would love to have seen that. No doubt there will be other photos though. Glad you had a good Sunday.
I love you and God bless.
Moomin
xxxx

Susie PSU said...

I've really enjoyed checking out your site, which I found from a friend of a friend. I, too, like blog-surfing!

:-)

Clare said...

A tree was down at the top of our road over our road, so you couldn't drive down it, plus lots on Wellington Road! No School!!
I also remember the neighbourhood boys rowing up and down the bottom of the road in a rubber ring!!!
C
xx

Anonymous said...

When I read your posts, I read them (in my mind) in a British accent! When I first moved to the UK, I couldn't understand anything on TV. Then, when we moved back to the States, I couldn't understand my own countrymen! Ha ha ha ha
I even picked up the accent from living there, but it is gone now. Have you ever seen The Holiday (with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet)? I love that movie and it makes me miss England!

Anyhoo, I'm glad you all had a good Sunday!