Thursday 24 April 2008

School Blessing

Firstly, can I just thank everyone who has been praying for us and our school situation. I have been praying alot recently about it and I found out yesterday that I have maybe been praying for the wrong thing. I was of course, praying for anything other than the school we got allocated but really should have been praying for the 'right' school for William. This was shown to me when I went to visit our allocated school. I have been dreading this day as I have heard so much hearsay about how bad it is/was, the ofsted report is not that great, and in a terribly snobby way just didn't want to go to do the school run in the area....I know, I know this is so unchristian of me but I am human!
Anyway, I went to visit the school and the headmistress yesterday and it was amazing. First we got a tour of the school and there was nothing wrong with it at all, it was good, not great but good. We then also had a meeting with the Headmistress, this was fantastic. I am going to start gushing now and it is all going to come out in a babble but it really was that good. We had been able to talk to either a full time teacher or teaching assistant in each class year so alot of our questions had been answered and talking to the Head all the same answers were given which were good. I had the fear of Bubbs being so young when he starts in Sept, and this was wonderful as they are very flexible about how quickly or slowly he would go full time and they really do go along with how the individual child is fairing. There were alot of prayer points around the school with psalms or verses which made me feel really comfortable and I wanted to get down to how much christian influence there was in the school so this was my next question, we did alay our annoyance with the fact that we are not being given a place in the school which is in theory supposed to serve our parish. She was really understanding about this and said that Father E was very involved in the school and that he and his wife are both trained teachers so they have a wonderful understanding of communicating with children. They have a service each wednesday and celebrate other christian holidays. The BEST bit about it all is that the Head is a committed christian herself....yeah! I can't gush on it anymore but just wanted to get it out in the open that we now need prayer for the Head and the Father to carry on with all the good work that they are doing in this school and that Bubbs enjoys and thrives there as much as I hope he will.
Today was also a great day as I had my training for my new job which I start next week. I am going to work one evening a week in a ceramics studio as an assistant which should be great fun and earn us a little cash to try to make a dent in the finance situ. Our good friend C came to visit for the afternoon as well and brought some wedding outfits for the children to try on, they looked amazing and it was so lovely to see her as she travels so much with her job, she is an air stewardess, that we rarely catch up, so a fabulous time was had by all.
Hubby is off to Wales tomorrow with a friend on a cycling trip, he is extremely excited and hoping for half decent weather at least!

10 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

It sounds like a great school. When will he start. Your new job sounds so much fun. Will you get to work with the ceramics?

Ris said...

That is so wonderful! Nothing better than knowing the people in charge of your kiddos are Christian. I am so excited that you are happy about your son's school now. Woo hoo!

My hubby is participating in a charity bike tour next weekend- he loves to ride his bike! (even travelled to Seattle, which is no where near us to bike in an event)

Joy said...

Yay!!! Isn't it wonderful what God shows us when we stop and listen?! I'm so guilty of being a snot about things and wanting it my way.

Holliday Family said...

Well, this is great news! We'll still continue to pray for you all - that Bubbs will settle quickly, and that God will continue to make clear His plans for you all. So good to know you're feeling happier about it. XX

David said...

thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I so appreciate your warm comment. I am glad I discovered yours, and will dig into today. I am enjoying what I have read so far.
Thanks for sharing
David

Ris said...

Hey Vicki! I made my blog private. If you want to send me your email address so that I can add you as a viewer, my email is daxandlexi@grandecom.net.

Anonymous said...

Vicki, I'm so so glad that you're feeling better about the school thing. I know how stressful something like that can be. And thank you for all the sweet comments you left me today...I do really appreciate it!! xoxo

Vixbil said...

Hi all,
Blue eyed chick, he starts in sept and he is only 4 in July so he will be one of the youngest starting....time goes so quick
Joy, sometimes it is so hard to recognise things isn't it but I am glad I finally did
Hollidays, thanks for all your prayers, it was a hard decision in this St Johns environment, but definitely one I am happy with. Hope you are feeling better too.
David, welcome hope you enjoy
Karen, back at you
Love, Vix

pink-petal-designs said...

im so glad it all worked out and you like the school.

Living the Dream said...

Oh my goodness, what a relief. I can't wait to see my babies again, will be back this week when your house guest has gone and Bill is back.
See you all soon.
I love you
Moomin