Monday 21 April 2008

Super Heroes!!

I just had to post this picture for the grandparents in various locations, Bubbs is Spiderman in the back and his friend T is the other one and A is Superman with a watering can. They had such fun out in the garden today playing superheroes which for a while consisted of running about but then turned to more horticultural pursuits! This included emptying my friend V's water butt with the above watering can and proceeding to make one of her flower beds into a quagmire.....when Bubbs was asked what his fav part of the day was for praying about tonight he said making the pond in V's garden. They were out there for hours and came in filthy and happy and then ate masses of pork and apple stew, mash and crumble and trifle....the puds were left over from yesterday which I will get onto now.
This next photo is the end of the football (soccer) match that hubby played in in support of Global Hand a charitable organisation that one of our friends works for, it does amazing work so any help we can give is a real pleasure. Right in the back with by the goal is Bubbs, he decided he wanted to be goalie in the end so was out there by himself with a ball....bless. After this we went for an afternoon tea party at our good friend J's house. She is someone I really admire, she is always so competent in the kitchen and whenever I am doing a dinner party I always find myself wondering what she would do if I find myself in a sticky situation. Anyway, there were sandwiches, Fortnum and Mason duck for wraps, cheese and biscuits and lots of lovely cakes and puddings, including the trifle and crumble. The weather held for us so all the kids had a tea party in the garden which was lovely as it kept the sticky fingers out of the house as there were 8 in all and they loved it. We went quite late into the early evening and then T, J's son came for a sleepover with Bubbs, luckily they were so exhausted from the afternoon that they fell asleep almost as their heads hit the pillow and we didn't hear anything from them until the morning. Hubby loved this bit as he always gets up first for work so got to spend time with them feeding them toast while he had his. I know that this is his favourite part of the day with Bubbs and soon the girlies will be joining in but at the mo they have their milk in their cots still. I know I always go on about how blessed we are with our friends but we really are and just always need to keep remembering how lucky we are.

6 comments:

pink-petal-designs said...

Great pic of your superhero's
Sarah x

Anne Elizabeth said...

The Little Superheroes are so cute! My brothers used to love to play superman. I can't wait till my son gets big enough for that:)

Holliday Family said...

How handy to have a superhero around when you need one! x

Ris said...

The superheros are so cute! The one with the watering can made me laugh. It's like when my son would not put down a turkey baster. We gave it to him to occupy him a few mins one day, and he carried it around everywhere with him! Boys are so funny!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Love the Superhero posse

Unknown said...

Haha, those costumes are SO CUTE!!! That photo made me grin for the first time today!