Friday 18 April 2008

Sunshine and smiles

As it was still the holidays we decided to have a day out today after one of my lovely friends looked after all my children while I went to the gym. Poor girl probably didn't know what had hit her looking after my 3 and her 1. But she was amazing for volunteering. Bubbs did have a bit of an accident with his friend and got rather a large bloody bump on his head but apparently after a bit of arnica he cheered up and when I got home he was very proud of his lump! We all had lunch together then went on our adventure to the Tree Park. We are very lucky having this so close to us as the kids love it. There are lots of different play areas which we normally go on but it was so busy we just went for a walk. I have to say with the girls it is rather like herding cats and ones that don't want to go the same way as anyone else! The boys had a great time though scavenging in the woodland looking for treasure and out of the shade it was quite warm so R and I sat on a bench at one stage basking in the sun, lovely! Above is the boys walking up the Ginormous Car Parky mountain on our way home, by then naming it this was the only way to get them up and trying to push the pram up certainly reminded me that I had worked out earlier.
Once home, we made the most of the nice day and played out in the garden, this is the kids doing wheelies on their various modes of transport, Moodle was very proud of her one in the middle, Jim Jam was really annoyed as her one just wouldn't lift up...bless her she is trying. I actually came inside at this stage and managed to make a cup of tea and sit in the conservatory watching them which was so nice but didn't last for that long before they started scrapping!
All in all a great day again, so lovely being able to be outside, the children slept last night which I'm sure is all to do with the fresh air....roll on proper nice weather. Especially as this is written today while there are clouds, rain and cold wind outside, such a contrast!

8 comments:

Grace Acres said...

what a cute picture of the kids with they're wheels. I would love twin girls some day.

Clare said...

The wheelies look very good - bless you dn't have enough 2 wheeled modes of transport for Jim Jam too lol.
Tree park looks good as usual
Love you
Clare x

Living the Dream said...

Bless them doing their wheelies. How good to be able to get them outside into the sunshine.
See you soon. I love you guys.
Moomin
xxxxx

Unknown said...

I totally hear you on that scrapping part! It seems like the SECOND I decide it's peaceful enough to go to the bathroom I close the door and they twins start scrapping. UGH.

Anne Elizabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the things you said. You have very cute kids:)

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I love the pic with the kids near the fence lined up on their little cars. Too cute

Steph said...

Cute kids! I would so love some warm weather soon!!!

Ris said...

What holiday is it? (or is that a dumb question!?) LOVE the pics- the kiddos look so cute on their cars. Hope you were able to chug most of your tea before you had to go play referee!