Saturday 24 May 2008

Holiday/Vacation/A Little Slice of Heaven

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the lack of photos in this post. I have looked on my phone and realised that I have obviously had so much fun I forgot to take any. We had such a great time and were blessed with lovely weather, not too hot or cold just right. All the children were stars and for once everyone slept. Hubby had the Friday off before hand and it is Bank holiday Monday next week so he is getting loads of time off.
We travelled down to Center Parcs Longleat on Monday morning and met our friends from Guernsey about 1pm.....we headed straight to Pancake House which is a favourite of ours and had a great lunch, they do fab savoury pancakes and the children's food is good as well so everyone was happy. We got to meet T and C's newest addition I and she is adorable and only 9 weeks old, she also looks so like her sister E it is quite scary. Bubbs and E had a great reunion and E is notoriously bossy so for the rest of the afternoon it was Bubbs do this and Bubbs do that, she was also smitten with the girlies which was so cute. Come 3pm we were allowed into our villa, it was great as always, and the children loved running around while we were trying to unpack. Everyone went to sleep amazingly well considering, the girlies had their own room and Bubbs and E shared but were brilliant. We had dinner in that night and C and T asked us to be I's godparents. How honoured are we, it made me cry! They also gave us an amazingly beautiful framed picture of E and I which I have now placed on our TV.
Tuesday we went swimming and that was fab, the girlies haven't been for ages and were a bit whingey to start but then got into the swing of it. In the afternoon E and Bubbs went to a Fairy Funtime craft session which involved lots of glueing and glitter and both hubbys came back with glue on their noses....still not sure how it got there...
Wednesday meant E and Bubbs went to Crickets (nursery session) which was themed 'Wise Old Tree' they were great and loved being in there and it gave us all a morning with just the littlies, just hanging out at house and having a bit of a lazy time..bliss. When we picked E and Bubbs up they came out loaded with stuff which they had made including a flower they had planted, a windchime they had coloured in and many other bits and pieces. They also had their faces painted as bats which they just loved. In the afternoon, C and I got to take E and Bubbs swimming which was excellent fun as we got to do some tubes and other stuff which is hard to do with the girlies around, they had their own fun though as Hubby took them off to a playground which they all love (daddy included) The hubbys got to go out this evening to watch the football and C and I watched PS I Love You, wow what a tear jerker I went through nearly a box of tissues.
Thursday meant C and I got to do an activity called Tree Trekking which was a high ropes course in the trees. Wow how much fun was that, I loved it and felt completely not like a mum at all apart from the fact that I could see and hear all 3 of my children shouting their support to me from down below and I mean DOWN below.....note to self, probably best not to look down if you ever get to do this again. In the afternoon we all got to go swimming again, this time the girlies went mad, they were throwing themselves about in the water which was so sweet and Bubbs absolutely adored playing with them, his swimming/drowning is coming on well too, I only call it that because that is literally what he does.. He launches himself underwater then paddles and kicks as hard as he can till he needs to come up for air. Bless him! We went out for dinner at a great Tapas place after that which was a lovely end to the holiday and back to the villa for packing which is always the worst bit.
Friday, out of the villa by 10am and on our way home, C and T went off for a weekend elsewhere and are then coming back to our house for few nights before going back to Guernsey. We decided to stop of at my sisters house as we were passing the end of her road and wanted the holiday to last a bit longer. We ended up staying there all day and had a great time, she cooked a BBQ for supper and made choc chip cookies for us to take home, thanks sis I love you. All the children finally crashed out in car on the way home so did a swift transfer into their beds as they had all had a bath at Clarabelles. Then we had to unpack, horrid. Put it this way it is now Saturday evening and I have just finished my 5th load of laundry and still have 2 more to do tomorrow. Speaking of which, my godparents S and J are coming for the day tomorrow and as always are bringing food with them, a chicken to roast I believe this time so lets hope we have a great visit, I love it when they come down but this morning Jim Jam woke with ulcers on the bottom of her tongue and is not in the best of moods at all which is really sad as they really look painful. We did take her to the pharmacy and they gave us something to soothe them but she really bit my finger when I had to put it on the little minx so I am not sure how much good it is doing.
Gosh, I have really rambled on here haven't I. Hopefully you can have some pix when C and T visit because I can download theirs
xx

5 comments:

Living the Dream said...

It sounds as though you had a brilliant time. Hopefully you are fully rested now, in a very pleasant way. Look forward to seeing you next week, should the french lorry drivers allow us to travel!! Doesn't look too hopeful at the moment.
I love you.
Moomin
xxxxx

Ris said...

what a fun vacation!! There are so many things I want to comment on. The Daddies with glitter noses made me laugh. So neat that you are the baby's godparents! What an honor! Tree trekking sounds really cool! Never heard of that! I want to try zip lining. Ouch on the finger biting! Really sounds just such a great trip- plenty of fun time with the kids but also adult time too! Your kiddos are sure to remember that trip fondly. Xoxo

Anne Elizabeth said...

It sounds like you had an amazing vacation. I hear you about the laundry. We were gone for 3 days and I have 6 loads:( The Center Parcs Longleat looks so fun! I bet it was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You sure were busy! I am glad you all had a great time. And how sweet of your sister to cook and bake for you!

Joy said...

Glad you had fun!!!