Thursday 29 May 2008

Ikea and all its fun!

On Bank Holiday Monday my sister, bless her, came down for the morning and we went to Ikea with Bubbs. I was going specifically for their easel which was on sale 1/2 price for Ikea Family members and I thought they would make great birthday presents but did buy alot of other things aswell. One thing we did do though was go for the breakfast, Bubbs thought this was great and it is so cheap and a great way to start the shopping trip. Anyway, I was going to post a picture of the said breakfast and Bubbs as his face is great but Blogger won't let me upload. Another thing we came across was a mecano type building kit which is brilliant and has made a fantastic toy and for only £7.99, so worth the money.

We went to a 2nd Birthday party in the afternoon and gave out one of the easels which party girl thought was fab and apparently is loving playing with it with her mummy. The party was brilliant and it made a great end to a lovely week off. Hubby went back to work the next day but T,C, E and I came for a couple of nights so the fun carried on. On Tuesday night we had a get together of our post natal group, we are all onto our second, in my case third, children apart from one of us and it was so good to get together and catch up. The hubbys all get on as well so we had such a good time. I completely cheated on the cooking front and got food from a place called Cook which does fantastic homecooked style food ready made for your to pass off as your own!! and ice creams for pud. Yummy. It was a late night but we had a completely lazy day on Weds. In the evening before I went to work they gave me a thank you present for having them and guess what, it was Singstar.....if anyone has read how much I like Guitar Hero they will know how excited I am about this, what an amazing present. The only reason I am not singing right now is because House is on, it's the one with Mira Sorvino and half way through is very very good.

Today they left and we had a fairly peaceful afternoon,they got home safe and sound. I refused to do any house work this afternoon or evening so am just chilling with Hubby and the lap top. How sad are we!!
Sorry about the lack of photos but it just won't let me load them up, they were really good too
xx

6 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I so miss IKEA!

Anne Elizabeth said...

You have had a fun week:) I hope you can upload the pictures soon. I wonder why it won't let you.

Ris said...

We just got into House! Watching Season 1 on DVD. We have an Ikea very close to us, and it is always SO busy in there! The place by us like COok closed down in December! Drat! I used to buy food there regularly! What exactly is Guitar Hero!?

Living the Dream said...

Oh! Guitar Hero and Singstar, what am I coming home to?????
Love you guys
Moomin
xxxx

David said...

I have a love/hate relationship with Ikea. I like the stuff, but it is straining my marriage as I put it together

Maynard Tait said...

Glad I could give Bill 5 minutes of pleasure with Steve Earle - there's nothing smutty about that comment whatsoever, so clear your mind!
Great to see you had a great holiday. SO, when can i come over and have a sing-song????????

Maynard
xxxxx