Thursday 1 May 2008

Lack of Sleep!

I am sure for any of you with children this title will not take you by surprise as this seems to be a running theme with them. My moomin came back to us on Monday evening which has been lovely but coinciding with this has been children not sleeping again. On Tuesday night Bubbs developed croup again, after our visit to the hospital last time I didn't think we would get another bout of it so soon but there you go. Hubby and I managed to get the ventolin inhaler into him but that didn't really touch it so we gave him some steroids which eventually did the trick but left him bouncing off the walls, not exactly what you want at 2am! Whilst all this was going on the girlies decided they wanted to join in the fun and screamed pretty all night on and off, so much so that we had to give up going in in the end because they didn't really want us they just wanted to go back to sleep but couldn't, if only you could tell them that if they would just be quiet and lie down that would happen. Anyway that was Tuesday night, poor moomin was exhausted but it always happens when she is here. Last night was a bit better, Bubbs had a few night terrors early on and at 3am woke up and told me he had forgotten how to go to sleep so could I help him, bless him, he looked really confused so I snuggled down with him on the floor for an hour as he had his duvet there as well as his blow up bed. The girls developed a croupy cough but weren't struggling to breath and I was so pooped that I didn't even go down to them. They weren't crying out and their breathing was fine they just had the unmistakable seal like cough. They are all fine this morning, Bubbs did have a lie in till 915am which is him caught up on his bad nights, the girlies don't give us that luxury but at least they are having a nap now.

On another note, I started work last night at Glazy Daisy. It was a great night, not too busy which for my first one is a good thing. Next week already is fully booked which is amazing, and everyone really gets excited about it. Some of the designs that are done there are great and really inspirational, we have some very talented people in our town!

Tonight is another busy one, Hubby and I attended a 6 week Marriage course run by our church which was amazing and really got us both communicating again and we have encouraged our friends to do it to as it is really good fun and thought provoking. Anyway I am in the kitchen for it tonight as you do get a candle lit dinner with it and Hubby is babysitting for our friends and moomin is babysitting for us so it is all go here. We also have a good weekend coming up, our church is celebrating it's 150yr anniversary so we are having a Victorian themed family day on Saturday which should be good especially as the weather looks like it might be nice and then on Sunday after church there is a family breakfast as well. I'm really glad my mum is here for these so she can spend time with some of our lovely friends and we get out of the normal day to day routine.
xx

6 comments:

Sadia said...

Oh no, croup! Our best wishes go out to you. I've only had two croupy little ones at a time - I can't imagine three!

Anne Elizabeth said...

Sorry the kiddos were sick. I so no how lack of sleep is. Have fun with Hubby

Ris said...

Take them all into the bathroom and run the hot shower to steam it up. :-) That really helped my son when he had croup. That and the steriods as well. Poor kiddos! Sorry you guys had such a rough night. Thinking of you!

Living the Dream said...

Oh Vicki this croup thing is dreadful and I have to say both you and your sister had it as children. You dad and I sat for many hours in the kitchen with the kettle boiling its head off, steaming up the room for us, and Clare was taken to hospital and put in a steam tent. Oh happy days!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone feels better soon, Vix!

Unknown said...

Your upcoming weekend sounds fun! Enjoy!

PS. Hope the little one is feeling better soon