Sunday 8 June 2008

Race for Life 5K

Well, today was our Race for Life 5K. It was 23 degrees here so not the coolest of days but it was brilliant. There were 4207 women taking part and it was amazing. It was so emotional reading everyones dedications on their backs, and the ones that got me where the little girls doing it with their mums....bless. Anyway, my friend R and I had decided we were only going to walk it this year and wanted to do it under an hour, well, me being the overexcited one that I am got us to walk/run it and we came in at 45mins...I am so proud of us both as this is a real achievement. We have said we are going to do it every year now and next year want to come in under 40 mins, we have also said that when the girlies are 4 we will take them, R has a little girl the same age so can you imagine how wonderful that will be and it's only 2 years away. Below are some before and after pix and I am also going to put a link to my sponsor page because we can still raise money so anyone that would like to sponsor me please do...thanks. Fresh faced before the race!
A very proud me after showing off my medal!
A proud R sitting resting after we've finished.

By the way I have raised some money already but just made a sponsor webpage that gives me a widget, check it out!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Vicki! You are an inspiration!

Holliday Family said...

CLEVER CLEVER GIRLS!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David said...

congratulations! Amazing ladies!

Clare said...

well done babe...I will hop on over to sponsor you
Take Care
Clare xx

Ris said...

that's awesome! Great job! Will be so fun to take your girls later!!

Maynard Tait said...

Very Well Done, Vicki & 'R'!

Maynard
X

Melissa said...

good for you!

Anne Elizabeth said...

Way to go!

Living the Dream said...

Well done darling, I am so proud of you as always. See you in a couple of days.
Love you
Moomin
xxxx

Joy said...

Great job, Vix!!!