Tuesday 10 June 2008

So much to do so little time!

Hey all, it is now tuesday and I am already feeling like I have done a weeks worth! I am working tomorrow night and my parents and grandparents are coming for the day to visit. Sometimes you just don't feel as though your feet touch the ground at all.

On sunday after the walk we just hung out as a family as we were both quite exhausted because on friday night I went to see a friend and watched 'August Rush' and chatted till midnight while hubby was at home playing Guitar Hero with her husband until 1am, then after a full on day saturday we had a couple over and played or rather sang 'Sing Star' until 1am!!! Then I did the 5K, what was I thinking :-)

Monday was back to normal and we have been having some fab weather, hot for UK and I walked to town and the Docs for the girlies whilst Bubbs was at nursery as they are both really chesty and struggling to breathe at night. They both needed their inhaler upped to twice a day again, I am sure it is hayfever/allergy related. Luckily, they don't mind taking it at all and run for their 'haler' as they call it, morning and night. We then had a playdate with some friends and all the children played out in the garden which was just lovely, but I still ended up with just as much mess to clear up inside as well as outside so I don't really understand that. Monday night I had to do a bit of ironing as I have been so slack recently. I keep it on the back of one of our sitting room chairs and when it landed on my friends head I figured I better try to make a dent in it.......

Today has been another hot one and we have had people in and out all morning playing. We also had our prayer triplet this morning too which was really needed for all of us. We have been pretty slack in meeting recently so we had a really good catch up and vowed to become more consistent. We then spent the afternoon at someone elses house which was just lovely to come home and just do bath and bed as all the children had tea there.

Hubby came home with news that a school has offered Bubbs a place, it is a small country school where I would have to drive everyday but he wouldn't start till January. Anyway anyone who has read the unrest this whole school stuff has given me will understand what putting this into the mix has done. But, hubby and I still feel confident in our choice so are going to decline, we need to stick to our decision now so as not to confuse Bubbs as he gets it now, he is old enough to understand. Also, with petrol prices as they are I don't think we could afford to drive to school everyday let alone the effect it has on the environment and I am rather proud of the fact that I rarely use the car and can pretty much walk everywhere with my family.

Seem to have really babbled on as usual but needed to, off to catch up on bloggy friends now.....oh having my hair done on saturday morning so will have to do a before and after pic...thinking of having a fringe (bangs for US) cut in....
xxx

8 comments:

Steph said...

Wow a 5K!!! I did that once, a couple of years ago. Never again. I'm so not a runner! Congrats to you though!
:)

David said...

5K is my favorite distance. I miss it so much. I am thinking of getting a trainer to see if I can run again. Balance is the issue. Of all the runs I have been in (5, 8, 10, 20, 21K) I like the 5K distance the best. It challenges yet is fun.
I hope you pursue it further.

Anne Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see you hair. You sure have gotten a lot done this week. Makes me feel like I haven't accomplished much. J/K
Sorry your girls are having a tough time breathing. I know exactly how that is!

Ris said...

you would look gorgeous with bangs! You going for side swoopy bangs, or high fashion straight across bangs? Both are great, I am curious what you want though!

I hate ironing! I buy my husband wrinkle free shirts as much as possible. LOL always love hearing what ya'll are up to!

Unknown said...

It's the same way in my neck of the woods, too. I don't even have a car...the girls and I walk everywhere...and I credit my bum and legs to that, lol! It's fabulous living in an urban center with practically everything at my doorstep.

Holliday Family said...

wow, what a busy week for you!

Thanks for the email. See you soon, I hope

Debs x

Anonymous said...

my goodness girl, you are VERY busy! do you ever sleep?!

I agree with the decision for Bubbs (not that my opinion matters!). I am stressed out over gasoline being close to $4 a gallon here and I've read that it is higher in the rest of the world. something's gotta change...

Living the Dream said...

Don't worry darling, mum is coming to do the ironing. You need to sleep more.
I love you.
Moomin
xxxxx