Tuesday 15 July 2008

Normality

Well, Hubby went back to work yesterday and so we were back to normal. We ended up having such a good time whilst he was on holiday it was a real bummer for him and us when he went back. Yesterday, Bubbs went to nursery so the girlies and I nipped into town to run a couple of errands then went to a friends for coffee, it was really nice doing that with just the girls as they don't often go for a playdate that isn't tacked onto the back of Bubbs'. They were really sweet too and so was Bubbs when he got home. Our first day was lovely, the evening was even better. I had organised a WWW group social with another group and we all had such a good time and I finally crawled into bed at MIDNIGHT.

Today was great, I spent the day with a good friend and her daughter who is a few months older than the girls, we went to First Friends which is a mother/toddler group at our church and then we went back to hers. It is her birthday today so we had a lovely time. Once home though all 3 of my children decided to be a nightmare. I have never heard so much screaming and shouting in such a short space of time and by bathtime I was pulling my hair out. I am still so short tempered with them when they are like that, even on my medication. I am considering calling a local christian hospital that does counselling just to try to get myself back on track, I can't stay on meds forever. Just got to do it really, but it will mean getting the kids looked after for a couple of hours once a week which isn't the easiest thing to do.

Anyway, enough whingeing. I am off to a farm tomorrow with Bubbs on his nursery school trip for the morning while my sis, bless her, has taken the day off work to look after the girlies. I hope we all have a lovely day, it will be great for me to spend time with Bubbs and lovely for her to hang out with the girlies as they can be so sweet.
xx

7 comments:

Grace Acres said...

I know what you saying with the screaming and the caos and feling like pulling your hair out. I think more mom's feel like this but don't want to admit it. I admit it and possibly going back to work is my solution for some peace. God Bless.

Anne Elizabeth said...

I stayed out way too late last night and really paid for it today. I was so tired and my kids were fighting so bad. I felt like I was losing it! Thankfully they went down for a nap and I got a little break.

It sounds like you had a fun day other than bedtime. I hope you have fun tomorrow!

Joy said...

Every day is like that in our house... okay, maybe not every day. But it sure feels like it's every day!!! I'm the one usually screaming, though. *SIGH* My kids get into EVERYTHING!

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

Always seems like a good idea to have a late-night (especially when you're enjoying yourself) then think... I'll be ok tomorrow (4-5 hours sleep), I can survive on that. Then the next morning it certainly doesn't seem worth it anymore!

I can relate to the afternoons/evenings that are the most stressful for me with the kids too. My hubby works 2 jobs and during the school holidays when he isn't teaching, he is working evenings at the petrol station and I HATE it when he isn't home in the evenings to help with the kids.

stacey said...

I can't imagine I only have one & I get short tempered when he gets crazy!!!

Ris said...

I get stressed when mine choose to a scream at the same time. Or alternate..one screams, so I fix that issue, then the other one starts up, back and forth. So sorry youre having a hard time!

Bet it was fun having Hubby home! Love it when mine has days off!

Living the Dream said...

Have a lovely day on the field trip with Bubbs and I'm sure Clarabelle will have fun with the girlies.
Take care and I love you very much.
Moomin
xxxxx