Thursday 17 July 2008

Nursery Trip and more!

First I would just like to show you the really cute pix of Bubbs on his school trip, below is him holding a little chick which was just adorable. This is him conked out on the way home, bless him
This is especially for my in laws as it is a picture that Bubbs took himself, just in case you were wondering, it is what we could see from the coach window as we were parked! Quite why that was quite to fascinating I don't know but there you go.
Anyway, we had a great day and so did my sis as she looked after the girlies which was great, she hardly ever gets to spend time with just them.

On another note, after my run in with the community police about the ladder etc we have just had a letter in the mail from a neighbour complaining about the children playing in the garden on sunday mornings. Now granted they do point out that one sunday last month they were out at 730am, and I completely agree that is far too early and can't believe I let them out then, it must have been very hot, so will apologise for that one but then they went on to another sunday when they were out at 845am, it may still be early but it is when we go to church so unless they have suddenly invented some sort of teleporting system we have to go out then and I can't exactly stop 3 children making noise. On the apology point, I would love to be a good witness on this occasion and apologise to the neighbour but they have neglected to leave a return address! This did arrive this morning as I was having a hideous morning, so I made it a point to make a doc appt for next week as I really think I need my meds reviewed as somehow I don't think I should feel quite as I do most of the time. Last night the girlies were awake for ages screaming on and off and I know that our next door neighbours heard, so when he came round with 2 bouncy balls that had blown over into their garden which they are very precious about so not the best thing for our balls to do and told me that he had received the same letter I just felt mortified. Hubby bless him took him a bottle of wine to make up for the lack of sleep last night but they were fine thank goodness.

Had a great afternoon though with a friend who I met in hospital, her daughter was born the same day as the girlies and her son is 2 days older than Bubbs. We hadn't seen each other for ages so it was so good to catch up and she is so straightforward that she thought I shouldn't worry about the letter but that is just not my way.
xx

4 comments:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

Wow! that would be infuriating that a neighbor is complaining about your kids when you're just barely leaving the house! it's not like they are running through the streets like banshees at 5a or something. And they definitely should've left a return address...anonymous mail would not carry much weight with me.

We had an incident about 1 1/2 years ago when we accidentally left our dog out in the back yard until late in the evening...we were out to dinner. she barked for about 2 hours straight...well, that's what the note in our door said. Our neighbor said that the dog barks for hours every single night...which is a lie b/c we would never allow that. She at least left a # so we could chat about it and we did...it didn't really resolve it but I kept my cool at least and didn't let her complaining get to me too much since i knew she was exaggerating something awful. :-)

Ris said...

Here you can make noise and whatever after 8 am. (unless it's insane racket, like a backyard concert, which our neighbors did once!) That's ridiculous that they are complaining about your kids playing outside! Stupid reason to, but I can understand sending an anonymous letter...it's awkward to confront your neighbors, but if by law you are doing nothing wrong, I wouldn't even worry about it! If they sent the same note to your other neighbor, they may not even know it's your kids. We have annoying neighbors too...I'll share with you sometime. Can't wait to get a few acres and move!

Ris said...

Oh and the sleeping pic? PRICELESS! So adorable!

Anne Elizabeth said...

First off the pictures of your son are so cute! He is adorable.

I can't believe that your neighbor's did that. I feel so bad for you. I would be so upset about that too. Kids are going to be kids, and I hate it that people expect them to be seen and not heard. My kids can be so loud too. Heck I can be loud. I hope your doctor can figure out your meds situation. I'm praying for you. I know exactly what it is like to feel the way you do. Becoming me had a wonderful post about Psalm 45. I think you should go read the post then go read that psalm. It has helped me so much to know that God is enthralled with me. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.