Sunday 5 October 2008

Help needed

All you American homeschooling mamas, papas or grandparents your help is needed. Hubby wants to go into Bubbs' school on Thanksgiving Day to do a bit of a talk on Thanksgiving, he will probably be allotted about 15 mins but will only talk for about 5 of that.......any suggestions on a book that is suitable for 4-5 year old's that he could read to them or even a PowerPoint presentation he could do and then he thought he would get them to do the 'classic' turkey drawing using hands........



Let me know if there are any suggestions as I will have to order it on Amazon or something so fairly soon so he can practise....how sweet is it going to be and how proud will Bubbs be

xx

5 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

When I was student teaching kindergarten the kids LOVED inside a barn in the country. It's not a thanksgiving book but it was still a really cute book. It kept their attention the whole time.

Joy said...

Oh man, I don't really know of any Thanksgiving books!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.....I will have to think. We have a section at our local bookstore that has tons of Thanksgiving and fall books on display, but I can't think of any of the titles. Do you have a bookstore anywhere nearby or a library, where you can go and peruse the books?

grindelsmom said...

Some of the books I mentioned to your hubby the other day were "Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving", "Dora's Thanksgiving", "Squanto and the Miracle of the First Thanksgiving", and Pilgrims' First Thanksgiving." All are on Amazon, and are age appropriate. Hope this helps. C, your MIL.

Ris said...

I dont know of any books! I do like the hand/turkey idea though!