Thursday 7 May 2009

Surgical superness!

We are home and Moodle is great. Our hospital was amazing and the staff there were so wonderful. Moodle and I got there at 730am and were home by 245pm. The surgery was only 40mins long, obviously I haven't seen underneath the bandage but they assure me it went well and she (her finger) will be ok. The hardest bit of it all was leaving her asleep on the operating table. I had to cuddle her while they put her under, they used gas as getting a vein was too difficult and once she was asleep I had to leave. I felt like my heart had stayed with her on the table. They were amazingly quick though and I was soon back in recovery with her holding her little hand again. She was an absolute star and sooo brave, she did manage to vomit all over me after drinking water too quickly and sitting there for the next 3 hours smelling wasn't exactly great but I can hardly complain.

My sister was wonderful dropping everything to come and look after Jim Jam and picking up Bubbs from school. I am so relieved having her doing that as she did say that Jim Jam was quite subdued and didn't eat much. She also kept asking after Moodle, this seemed to be first time they noticed being apart....

Anyway, they are all in bed now and I am hoping they get to stay there the whole night as I am exhausted.

Bless all of you for the lovely comments, prayers and thoughts
xx

4 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that it went well. I will be praying that she recovers quickly:)

Sadia said...

I'm delighted to hear the prognosis. Good on you for keeping a great attitude about the whole thing!

Unknown said...

Aww! Good stuff...I'm glad to hear you have such a great support system, too. Family is the best!

Maynard Tait said...

Great to know she's still all fingers and thumbs!

Mx