Monday 16 August 2010

A cold in the summer!

What is that about!!! I feel like crap right now, my nose is running and my throat is sore. I haven't run since last weds and now I am feeling really blobby!

We did have a lovely weekend though, we went to Wisley Gardens with my cousin and his wife and children on Thursday which was lovely. The kids had a great time, they always have fun getting together and this was the first time both husbands were in on the trip too. The weather was kind to us and all in all it was a great day.

On Friday we packed up again and headed off to Stoke, land of oatcakes and Jaimes Godfather and his family. We stayed with him and Emma (his gorgeous girlfriend) in their new home. Wow talk about house envy, it was lovely. They have made a great choice and we wish them happiness in it, and lots of visits from us :-)
On Saturday we visited Blackbrook Zooilogical Park and luckily didn't get rained on the kids had a good time looking at all the birds and especially the lemurs at the end. My fav were the Meerkats, they had just had babies and were especially cute. On Sunday the boys went off to play footie, Jim plays every weekend so William and Bill went to watch with some other family too. Emma, Millie, Jaime, Mum, Joann and I went off to a country park walking distance from the house and the weather was wonderful. We went in the afternoon to Chris and Joanns house for a family get together and I was so proud of the kids they were awesome and the sun shone a wonderful way to finish off our Uk staycation.

Bill went back to work today, Dad went for his preop blood work and the docs. I had the kids and I managed to do 4 loads of laundry and vacuum and mop the playroom floor and the kitchen floor before I picked Mabel up from the kennels.

Anyway that is me, no running as I just can't breathe properly right now! Back soon
xx

2 comments:

Sadia said...

Is it just me, or do summer colds make one feel more poorly than winter ones?

Feel better!

Clare said...

I have just finished that - luckily it didn't last long..so fongers crossed yours doesn't either.
Love You
xx
C