Tuesday 31 August 2010

Holiday weekend!

Just spent a wonderful weekend with various friends. We had planned on being away from the house over the bank holiday weekend to give Dad some space to come back to reality after his surgery but it didn't happen and we went away anyway. Mum and dad got to spend the weekend by themselves which at the moment doesn't happen and they kindly looked after Mabel for us too.

We got in the car Saturday morning and drove to my Godparents, weather was ok but Autumn/Fall is definitely on its way. We went to a food fair in town and played in the park then Uncle Jim cooked us a lovely bbq. Sunday we got up lazed around watching DVDs we'd rented from the library then had a slap up breakfast before heading out swimming. Roast Chicken for supper then back in the car to visit Jaimes Godmother and her family including our God daughter. They have just moved back from Guernsey and are now only an hour and half drive which is so fab. Spent a great day with them on Sunday exploring their new town and going to a summer fete, (must be the last one of the season). Kids had a blast and it was wonderful being able to catch up with them so easily. I look forward to many more visits to and from them.

William goes back to school on Monday and the girls start their new nursery at his school on Tuesday. I have to go on Thursday to meet with their new teacher and confirm their hours etc which will be fun for them to see where they will be going. To be honest, I can't wait for them to go back. I am trying to savour this last week but I am dying for some routine and normalcy. The kids are being great in general but there is a lot of fighting and I am just fed up with it. I also have so many jobs that I want/need to get on with but just can't manage to with them around including work!

I know though, the time soon passes and it will be here before know it and they will be all grown up and gone in a blink of an eye, but I still could do with a day off!
xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so with you on the wanting some normalcy and routine. Same here. Callie and Lily start on Tuesday as well. Yay!!