Monday 6 September 2010

Back to School!

William went back to school today and last night my routine started! I did the ironing and was in bed by 930pm. I have been very spoilt having my mum and dad home this summer as my mum likes ironing and tends to do it when she is here so I really haven't done much recently.
Got up this morning at 545am and did a 3 mile run. I'm really starting to enjoy running now and once I'm up and out it is great, having said that so far I have had nice mornings it is now supposed to rain for the rest of the week which might not be so pleasant to run in! Just as I was coming downstairs from my shower the kids were getting up, William and I set his clothes out last night and he was a star getting dressed. The girls were super excited today because we were going on a playdate with their friend Mae who we haven't managed to see all summer. Anyhoo, our school run was lovely, we walked which was fab so by 930am I had clocked up 5miles!!

Rest of the day went well, I made soup in my new crockpot which Bill gave the thumbs up to this evening and we spent the rest of the day with our friends. I had to take William back to the docs this evening for his skin, he has developed some for of eczema on his knees, elbows, feet and pretty much everywhere else but on the opposite side to where eczema normally is. Got prescription for that and by then it was 5pm so we went to the mall for McDs. A treat for my kids and meant they would then walk home quickly as we had to pick daddy up from the station by 610pm cos his bike brakes had failed on the way there this morning.

Phew what a day! Girls start at their new nursery tomorrow and I am going to go into town for the whole 2.5 hours they are there and have coffee and mooch! How was your day????
xx

2 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a great first back to school day! Hope your girls have a good day today! Asa starts his first day tomorrow. I think Eli and I are going to take a nap, while he's at school.;)

apple tree quilter said...

Back in the school routine. I always looked forward to it, except when it was their very first day at school. Glad the kids are so excited about school and hope it continues for them.