Thursday 8 September 2011

Day off!

Didn't do anything on my list but really enjoyed my morning!  Caught up with friends and ran errands.  Worked out what cakes I'm doing for the girls party on Saturday...cupcakes with pink fondant icing and a letter M for Millie and cupcakes with yellow fondant icing and a J for Jaime. They may be having a joint party but I really want them to have their own candles to blow out.  Still got quite a bit to do for the party, aiming to make the cakes tomorrow evening and ice them in the morning.  They are counting down the sleeps which isn't very many anymore.  Bill goes and picks their new bikes up as well, not sure where we are going to keep them until Sunday.  I really don't want them to see them before, I'm hoping the weather is going to be good enough for us to go for a bike ride after church and lunch. 

Nearly at the end of the first week of school, all going well so far.  All 3 kids are tired and there are more than the normal amount of moody tears at bathtime but all in all it is going well.  Next week the girls get to have lunch and they are super excited.  I had to choose what they were going to eat and it was hilarious hearing what they would say about the choices, it will be interesting to see what they say once they get to eat them :-)

This weekend will be mad, not sure I'll blog now till Sunday but will come with pix of party, cakes, bikes and basically general excitement.  I can't believe 5 years has gone by.  I sat the other night and looked back to 2008 when I started blogging, WOW, so much has gone on.  Seeing the pics were amazing, reading was hard but then it was lovely to see how far we/I had come.  I've made some great friends along the way and it put me back into wanting to blog again...the nights longer helps too.  But in reality, Facebook has as lot to answer to for me as it killed my posting.  I'm back now, probably not everyday but I need to do this! xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday girls!!

Your weekend sounds super busy — just as mine will be next weekend with the girls party. Good luck with everything and enjoy.